Toronto (February 15, 2017)
– Effective April 27, 2017, NAV CANADA will implement changes to instrument procedures at Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport including new arrivals and departure procedures for aircraft utilizing runways 08 and 26.
These updates will help ensure the airspace structure best meets operational safety and efficiency requirements while improving airport access in poor weather and shifting some flight paths away from residential areas.
These flight path changes will improve the operations of the airport in poor weather and should reduce delays (both in the air and on the ground) reduce holding or diversions to other airports.
These changes will have no impact on:
- The amount or type of aircraft operating to and from Billy Bishop Airport
- Noise Abatement Procedures
- Operations on runways 06/24
- Airport Zoning Regulations (AZRs) or Noise Exposure Forecasts (NEF)
- Marine Exclusion Zone (MEZ)
- VFR procedures or local traffic patterns (e.g. flight training operations, general aviation)
These changes were presented By NAV CANADA to the Community Liaison Committee on January 25, 2017. For more information, please see NAV CANADA’s Public Notice